Tuesday 11 January 2011

My First Pub Experience!

We went to a near-by pub named “The Phoenix” for Lunch. It was me and about 6-7 girls. The Phoenix was very much was I expected it to be. Nearly everything seemed to be made of wood. There were benches and chairs everywhere and a large bar which doubles as where we order our meal. I orders Steak pie with chips which was a large piece of pie backed into a pie crust accompanied by French fries and peas. The food was surprisingly good smothers in rich gravy. The meal was a well priced about 5 pounds (around 8 dollars), which is fairly typical. The place had several pool tables as well as Flat screen TV’s to watch the football (soccer) games.               

5 comments:

  1. Ramzi, this is so cool! Go figure, I didn't even know you were going to London. It's going to be so fun to read about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No clue you were going but am so envious I could absolutely die!! Live it up and eat a lot of chocolate for me okay? Oh, and alert Buckingham Palace that my move in date is scheduled for January 2013. Just post graduation. Thanks dahling!

    p.s. I bet if you picked up a British accent you'd get all the babes that are there with you! You know all the cute girls go to London :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun over there Ramzi!

    If you're there long enough then you'll be there for Prince William's Wedding and that's neat to be there for that.

    What's a mailing address for you so that I can send you letters/maybe something small from the states?

    Have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh the British Pub, such a fun experience. Way better than what we have in the states. What you ordered sounds delicious, I am envious!! Although not the culinary masters like France or Italy, the British have darn good food. I always loved the Cornish Pasties for a quick bite. Sometime that you are in a pub you should order another personal favorite, Spotted Dick next time you are at a pub, just to see what you companions reaction will be ;o) It is a Delicious bread pudding dessert!! Then there is the quintessential Fish and Chips

    ReplyDelete